This Summer the new Airwayv audio series, TAKING CARE OF PAUL, will be hitting the air and stream. The brainchild of Arthur Yorinks and directed by Jim Simpson, it’s going to be fantastic. I play a low talker in one hysterical scene. Stay tuned…..
Only 5 performances!! Not to be missed!!
by Mariah MacCarthy
Directed by Leta Tremblay
March 9th thru 12th
Ensemble Studio Theatre
549 W. 52nd St, NYC – 6th floor
Sat @ 2pm & 7pm
Kora and Minnie are best friends. And honors students.
And are plotting something involving a lot of money and a little blood.
When their volatile relationship is threatened by Minnie’s friendship
with awkward YouTube sensation Megan, all bets are off.
Production Stage Manager: Eileen Lalley
*Member of Actors Equity Association
Asking for Trouble came around again this year at Ensemble Studio Theatre’s Youngblood Program. HOT DOG BOYS by Andrew Massey was fantastic, directed by the sure-handed Collette Robert and with the wonderful cast of Dylan Dawson, Katie Schorr, Michael Grew, Zac Moon, (and me), was both incredibly touching and funny. A great 10 minute look into family dynamics.
I just finished playing Judge Taylor (above – presiding over Nafeesa Monroe as Calpurnia and Ezra Barnes as Atticus Finch) and Walter Cunningham in TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD at Queens Theatre. Directed by Rob Urbanati and with a fantastic cast, we played 10 performances to consistent standing ovations.
I had the immense pleasure of playing the role of Agent Mustang (Head of Counter Terrorism) in the film CRAZY FAMOUS, directed by Paul Jarrett and produced by Vincent P. Maggio and (writer) Bob Farkas. Mustang’s joy was (ironically) terrorizing the fantastic lead cast of Victor Cruz, Gregory Lay, Richard Short and David Neal Levin. The film will be out in 2016, so keep an eye out for it!
Kiel Adrian Scott’s beautiful film, SAMARIA, recently screened to an outstanding reception. Keep an eye out for it. I am honored to be part of the cast with Katie Wren Whitty, Demetrius Grosse, Alex Courtney and Tatiana Ali.
It was announced at the screening that the Academy of Motion Pictures Arts and Sciences has nominated SAMARIA for a Student Academy Award!
Watch the trailer:
Eric Pennycoff’s Phase II is online for viewing.
Be very afraid
(but only for 4 minutes)
It’s been a busy summer:
• A developmental workshop of THE RED ROOM, a new play by Morgan McGuire and directed by Jenny Beth Snyder
• MISS NORWAY by Emily Chadick Weiss, directed by Kel Haney at Ensemble Studio Theatre’s Youngblood “Graduation” Brunch
• Two readings of Mariah MacCarthy’s HONORS STUDENTS, directed by Christina Roussos for the Lather Rinse Repeat series and for Ensemble Studio Theatre’s Youngblood Bloodworks series
• A reading of Lydia Blaisdell’s APOCALYPSE RADIO, directed by Michael Rau for Ensemble Studio Theatre’s Youngblood Bloodworks series
• A reading of SAM & DEDE by Gino DiIorio at Theater for the New City
• COSPLAY by Blair Ingenthorn, directed by Daniel Roberts, produced by Emily Comisar at The Brick’s Game Play Festival
• Filmed an episode of the web series PRECIOUS CARGO by Dano Madden, directed by Ben Simington
• A developmental reading of SWITZERLAND by Emily Comisar
• Filmed NO COMMENTS FROM THE PEANUT GALLERY written and directed by Jens Josephs
I am currently appearing in two terrific one-acts at:
Theater Masters’ TAKE TEN 2015
National MFA Playwrights Festival
Running from 4/28 thru 5/2 – 7:30pm
at The C.O.W. – 21 Clinton St, NYC
Plays by: Lydia Blaisdell, Matthew Capodicasa, Sean David DeMers, Phillip Howze, David Jacobi, Chas LiBretto, Lin Tu, Paula Vesala
Directed by: Margot Bordelon, Taylor Haven Holt and Joseph Ward
Featuring: Jelani Alladin*, Jim Bergwall*, Hugh Cha, Catherine Curtin*, Andrea Gallo*, Andre Gulick, Benjamin Harris*, Peregrine Heard, Megan Hill*, Bob Jaffe*, Naomi McDougall Jones, Heli Sirvio, Kea Trevett, Anna Weng & Sophie Wright